Tips for when you begin
I’ve coached and trained other writers for years. I’ve built a powerful personal brand and platform and used it to publish my work. I’ve experimented and seen as much failure as success. Through all of it, I want to use what I’ve learned to help other people.
So my hope this blog serves you in your writing journey in some way. I’ve written hundreds of articles here, which is a lot to sort through. Here is a list of 10 essential tips on writing:
- Write every day.
- Make sure your writing is effective.
- Don’t be lazy; do your best to avoid sounding stupid.
- Stay focused! Distraction is the enemy of all great art.
- Stop worrying about being a good writer; just write.
- Forget about fame; write what’s worth writing.
- Get over your perfectionist tendencies.
- Don’t write to get published.
- Write with conviction.